Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nicki Minaj—The Mistress

Onika Tanya Maraj also known as “Nicki Minaj” is the female rapper that is in the spot light for one of the hot music artist this year. Nicki spent her childhood years in a disruptive household, along with her enduring mother and a father addicted to drugs. Regardless of her stressful surroundings, Minaj chose to study singing and acting where she went on to graduate from LaGuardia High School in Manhattan. She spent the majority of her time focusing on her music career while holding down a job as an administrative assistant. 
 
Nicki Minaj began her career singing background vocal as well as hooks and choruses for rappers within her community. With the increasing number of aspiring singers, Nicki decided to write raps to stand out from other female artists. “Nicki is amazing to me my favorite quote of hers is “I call the shots, I am the umpire,” says Kassidy Simmons.
 
This provocative singer stands out to show that females have musical talent and bring flavor to the music game. Take a look at the confidence, sex appeal and lyrical strength of Nicki Minaj. Nicki has a clear understanding of how things work for being so new in the industry. While her witty lyrics and engaging delivery already equip her to rap circles around both her male and female peers. Any encounter with Nicki will arouse a heightened sense that there is more to her than meets the eye and inspire the desire to experience this modern day “Wonder Woman”.”Nicki Minaj is my role model. If I could be anyone in the world it would be her,” says Senior Kassidy Simmons. “I really like her style and the fire that she brings to the world, shes like a perfect black Barbie that everyone likes.”

Nicki Minaj released a hot new album “Pink Friday” that was a big hit. Pink Friday album was targeted for Breast Cancer Awareness month she wanted to help African American Americans that were hit the hardest with Breast Cancer to feel supported. “My favorite song is Romans Revenge,” says Junior Tyler Gramenz. “I like the song because it’s fast and really just sets the tone, and it has Eminem in it. Romans Revenge is a song that has an anger mood to it. “My favorite songs are “Right through Me,” and “Check It Out,” says Junior Brittan Knoebel. “ I like "Right through me, because it makes me think about my boyfriend and Check it out because its catchy and I just like the song.” These two songs are as intense, rather mind soothing.
"I believe that life is a prize, but to live doesn't mean your alive."
Joe Bell Staff Writer
 
Source :
http://my.hsj.org/Schools/Newspaper/tabid/100/view/frontpage/articleid/409908/newspaperid/3963/Nicki_MinajThe_Mistress.aspx

0 comments:

  © World News Today ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP